NRSWA Streetworks Operative

The New Roads and Street Works Act requires that anyone who executes, works for, or on behalf of a utility company, is qualified for the activities being carried out. Any street works site must have at least one qualified operative on site at all times during works, and the site must have a qualified supervisor appointed to the site who can oversee the works.

Who is a NRSWA Operative?

Those who carry out the manual excavation and reinstatement in footpaths and highways.

What NRSWA Training do I need to be a NRSWA Operative?
A NRSWA Street works Course that includes the units for the work you are going to carry out. The 2 day course covers the units of competence listed below. The most popular courses cover units 1 to 2.

What do I get from the NRSWA Training course? Included in the price?
Successful completion of the NRSWA Training course results in you gaining a City & Guild or CABWI (location dependant) certificate for each unit and a Street works card Ticket showing your units of competence. The card is valid for 5 years.

NRSWA training courses are mainly practical, but you will have some written work.